[uf-discuss] Plants Microformat
mpgibbons2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 07:09:13 PST 2006
Thanks for all of your comments.
My current take is this:
- I will be continuing to develop this format using suggested route.
- I will be following this group and contributing if approriate (I
think microformats is a good solution to a real problem).
- I will ask this group periodically for advice on any issues I may encounter.
- I am working on a project which would benefit from a plants
microformat, so I may well make a real-world example.
Two final points:
- I don't actually agree so much on making a microformat too generic.
It can actually detract from the usefulness of the content. I would
rather err on the side of too much information rather than not enough.
- I think if the microformat really becomes the machine readable face
of the web, then the total number and usage of "niche" microformats
could exceed the usage of the popular microformats. I can see though
that this would be difficult to handle at a standards level.
More information about the microformats-discuss