[uf-discuss] hAtom handheld CSS..?

Chris Casciano chris at placenamehere.com
Mon Mar 27 12:33:37 PST 2006

On Mar 27, 2006, at 3:09 PM, Chris Messina wrote:

> I've been thinking a lot about this ever since I got my Blackberry
> 8700c.
>
> I agree that we need a CSS Blackberry Bush for trying out various
> designs for handhelds/phones. hAtom is a great place to start, but we
> should also spell out the needs of handheld devices and how to best
> design for them, no?

I guess I'm not clear where microformats (including hAtom or not) would
serve to solve the handheld 'problem'.

Why is this not a much more general web development topic wrt. writing
good markup, using alternate style sheets and/or working with handheld
UA developers to do things they might need to do better? How does
supporting hAtom in its current form (or further development of hAtom)
help someone on a handheld?

I don't think there isn't work to be done in this space (and I think
for starters the 'users' who are running into problems can do a better
job of defining the problems they're currently running into with
typical sites. I don't have a blackberry myself), I just don't see how
the issues can be directly addressed with microformats.

--
[ Chris Casciano ]
[ chris at placenamehere.com ] [ http://placenamehere.com ]