[uf-discuss] seeking clarification w/r/to hCard and RFCs 2425/2426

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 13:17:36 PST 2006

IN RFC 2426 (vCard) it saws in the overview:
The [MIME-DIR (RFC 2425)] document defines a MIME Content-Type for holding
   different kinds of directory information. The directory information
   can be based on any of a number of directory schemas. This document
   defines a [MIME-DIR (RFC 2425)] usage profile for conveying directory
   information based on one such schema; that of the white-pages type of
   person object.

so vCard is a subset of MIME-DIR.

What are you trying to accomplish with directories that would be out of
the scope of hCard?

-brian