[uf-discuss] Describing software

Drew McLellan lists at allinthehead.com
Wed Mar 29 08:03:45 PST 2006

On 29 Mar 2006, at 16:27, Tantek Çelik wrote:

> On 3/29/06 7:13 AM, "Scott Reynen" <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 29, 2006, at 8:52 AM, Drew McLellan wrote:
>>
>>> Is there anything that would help me describe software?
>>
>> That sounds like a more specific form of the (stalled?) listing
>> microformat:
>>
>> http://microformats.org/wiki/listing-brainstorming
>
> See also the hListing proposal:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hlisting-proposal
>
> Which I believe Oodle already implements the parsing thereof, in
> addition to
> there being a Wordpress plugin by Assaf for publishing.

Hmm ... since classified ads are the day job at present, I should
look at that more closely. I could implement hListing quite easily.

As for software listings, I suppose it fits. My reservation is that
is describing the listing and not the product. That's fine for
hListing as a microformat, but doesn't address my theoretical search
scenarios.

Perhaps we need some more specific product or item related format to
nestle within hListing's description field.

drew.