[uf-discuss] Citation format straw proposal on the wiki

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Mar 29 08:23:09 PST 2006

On Mar 29, 2006, at 9:36 AM, Alf Eaton wrote:

> I guess there are some things in there that could become vcards, if
> you wanted.

I think marking up all people and companies with hcard makes sense,
but there's an issue with redundant role information.  Unless the
include pattern[1] is used here, the citation would read like "John
Green, editor; Simon Brown, editor", because each editor would need a
separate "editor" role. But leaving "editors" around each editor
means that any existing hcard parser would lose role information.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/include-pattern

Peace,
Scott