[uf-discuss] Format-of-Formats?

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Thu Mar 30 08:56:30 PST 2006

Hi Joe,

> Is this format-of-formats already done?  If so, I apologize, can you
> point me to it?  If not, what has been done and would it be premature
> for me to start work on such a draft specification (after much
> feedback from everybody here, of course)?

This is actually an FAQ, and a fairly tricky one at that, since it is
isomorphic to the problem of a "general purpose parser."  I believe
Tantek has declared that discussion off-topic for this list, since it
has the potential to be a never-ending rathole.  However, I can't
find such a statement on the FAQ:

http://microformats.org/wiki/faq#Basic_Microformat_Questions

Tantek, is that in fact the policy, and is it documented somewhere?

That said, there are a few of us crazy enough to want to try, which
I'm open to doing off-list if you're interested...

-- Ernie P.