[uf-discuss] Citation format straw proposal on the wiki

C. Hudley chudley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 10:56:13 PST 2006

On 3/30/06, Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/30/06, Tim White <tjameswhite at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Although, to clarify, your distinction above is really between an
> in-text citation, and a full bibliographic reference.

Um... I just see it as a note pointing to a citation and the citation
itself.  That fuller citation is still just an external reference, not
a full bibliographic record.  i.e. you still don't want price,
keywords, etc., or even need the ISBN, technically.  He's talking
about the book as external to the content at hand, which is his blog
entry... it's not the book itself.

(Not that I would discourage use of formal identifiers where they exist.)