[uf-discuss] hcalendar timezone, DST examples

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Fri May 12 13:17:31 PDT 2006

On May 12, 2006, at 2:09 PM, Scott Reynen wrote:

> Ryan, why are you reverting my changes?  Is the complete lack of
> offset timezone examples a feature?  Looks like a bug to me.

Okay, I see now that Ryan has added:

"These examples are strict copy-paste from the RFC, they should not
be edited."

Authors are using timezone offset markup.  They're doing it wrong.  I
suspect one reason they're doing it wrong is that the examples in the
wiki don't show them how to do it right.  Shouldn't the examples
follow the hcalendar spec rather than the icalendar spec where the
two are different, e.g. in allowed timezone formats?

On a side note: is this how problem edits are generally handled -
just revert them with no discussion?  I expect that will discourage
people from adding to the wiki.  I know it has discouraged me.

Peace,
Scott