[uf-discuss] X2V hCard question

Eran limbo at actcom.co.il
Tue May 16 00:43:01 PDT 2006

[...snip...]

> In the original example: \nPaul\n \nHefty\n the '\n's are
> appearing because of returns in the HTML (which don't seem to
> be there so it might be an issue with my code handling the comments)

Not at all your fault Brian. Apparently, the DOM tree contains extra TEXT
nodes for those newline chars. Strip-space gets rid of nodes which are white
space only (I think). You should be able to conserve white space in certain
elements by playing with xml:strip-space and xml:preserve-space if
necessary.

It's things like that that make me stay away from XSLT. Good luck :)
Eran.