[uf-discuss] Mashup a Web page containing geo

Andrew Turner ajturner at highearthorbit.com
Fri Nov 3 05:57:19 PST 2006

Have you looked at the Geo implementations section:
http://microformats.org/wiki/geo#Implementations

There are a couple of Javascript and associated tools like what you've
done. I wrote one using Greasemonkey to display a map of locations,
and also geolocate you and give you driving directions.

If you still do your own solution (which is always fun and you may
come up with a better solution) then look at YahooMaps, since it's not
referrer specific for the key, but just a registered AppID, or
Microsoft Maps which doesn't require any key (but is very buggy). You
can also look at OpenLayers which is open-source.

And if you want to be really neat, use something like Mapstraction
which is a javascript mapping library that abstracts G/Y/M/OL and lets
you switch between them.

Andrew