[uf-discuss] Best Practice for fn and n?

Costello, Roger L. costello at mitre.org
Sun Nov 5 06:06:17 PST 2006

Hi Folks,

Here is some HTML text that I want to markup using the hCard fn and n
properties:

         Today's speaker is Mr. John Q. Public, M.D.

I propose marking it up in this fashion:

Today's speaker is
      <abbr class="fn" title="Mr. John Q. Public, M.D." />
            <abbr class="additional-name" title="Quinlin">Q.</abbr>

Notice that I am using an empty abbr element to store the value for fn.
Is this sensible?

Is there a better way to markup the HTML text?

Is this Best Practice?

/Roger