[uf-discuss] Microformats at Web 2.0 Expo

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 10:29:55 PST 2006

Hey all,

Kevin Marks and I talked with Jen Pahlka and Brady Forrest of CMP
Media and O'Reilly (respectively) about a microformats session at Web
2.0 Expo in April the other night. Brady needs a paragraph describing what
we'd like to do -- and there's no reason we couldn't split up and do
one "programming w/ microformats" track coupled with a "designing for
microformats" track...

I'm also on the design track program committee and have some
influence generally over what's presented in the workshops...
microformats and identity feature prominently so far, but I am keen to
contextualize this stuff in real people's work (i.e. "microformats are
a pragmatic tool for creating web applications, here's how", etc).

So, our tasks are to come up with:

1. a paragraph by the end of the week describing our take on how
microformats could be presented at the Web 2.0 Expo
2. I need to fill out the application form by next week in order to
get our topic included.
(http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2006/09/web_20_expo_cfp.html)

I could certainly use some help putting this together -- and suggest
that we use the wiki to formulate our summary and application.

Thoughts/comments?

Chris

--
Chris Messina