[uf-discuss] hcard real world application

Gary Barber gazbe at radharc.com.au
Tue Nov 14 04:33:33 PST 2006

Frances Berriman wrote:
> On 11/14/06, James Darling <james at abscond.org> wrote:
>> As for location for phone number, I don't know too much about this,
>> but I think usually it can be assumed the number is located in the
>> country of the address. Yours is an exception, and perhaps it would
>> be good to declare which country code the number is located in, it
>> would make figuring out charges using the above easier. I don't know
>> if this has been discussed. I think it depends on how common this
>> would be.
>
> As much as call rates can be inferred from the prefix - telephone
> number location can be inferred also (i.e. +44 is the UK), rather than
> relying on the address.

In these cases  AFAIK the numbers will not work with an international
prefix attached or if they do they just remap to the :real number,
Putting the code on inferred it will work at free call for the
international dialing. This is not the case.

The point in case is what would you do it you had a Australia freecall
and say a New Zealand Freecall number for the same address in the
Australia.  (this maybe a bad case,but you get the idea). I think its a
little more common than you think. Especially for countries that have
close trading and geographical ties.  So you can't rely on the address
as the address main be in  Australia  and the other free phone for New
Zealand.

--
Gary