[uf-discuss] hCard - Telephone types (cell, office etc)

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 09:18:47 PST 2006

On 14 Nov 2006, at 15:48, Ian Lloyd wrote:
> I've had issues where by placing the <span class="type">Work</span>
> in the HTML, it imports that information into the hCard itself, so
> that in iCal on Mac it shows as :
>
> Cell: Mobile +44 (0) 7710 623044

I may also be suffering from end-of-day fatigue, but from your mark-
up that should work as expected, given that you've specified type and
value. So I'm inclined to cry parser error at this point.

Have you tried it with a number of different µf parsers to see if
they all suffer the same bug? For example, Suda.co.uk and Technorati
are often out of sync in their XSLT so one may have the bug and one
may not, and the Microformats Bookmarklet [1] I think does it all
differently using JQuery and could produce a different export result.

That's if it's a parser error at all, but I can't see the error on
your side if it's there.

[1] http://leftlogic.com/info/articles/microformats_bookmarklet

Ben