[uf-discuss] hThing microformat ... or design pattern

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 08:22:56 PST 2006

I would voice a few worries...

1) Dublin Core spent YEARS looking at metadata about 'things' and they
narrowed things down to a handful of properties. It has been
brought-up before to possibly model DC terms.

2) when you look for 'real-world' examples you will find "things"
everywhere. There are no shortage of "things"/"items" on the internet,
and while it would be great to model them, it is almost back to the
"boiling the oceans" senario. I'd suggest a more narrow topic than
"things" or "items" - otherwise i'd bet you'd spent alot more than
"tens of hours" on the project.

-brian

brian suda
http://suda.co.uk