[uf-discuss] rel="license" and copyright

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 23:46:45 PST 2006

Hello Andy,

On 11/17/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> I'm starting to look at using rel="license". Am I right in thing that it
> can be used to indicate that a page is NOT available under a license, as
> well as for those that are? For instance:
>
>         This page is <a rel="license"
>         href="http://www.example.com/copyright>copyright Example Ltd.
>         2006</a> and may not be reproduced.

I think that to indicate that something is NOT available under a
certain license you'd really need something like a "norel" attribute.
As in...

<a norel="license" href="...">...</a>

Or... you'd need a negative of the "license" token... maybe
"nolicense" to use with the "rel" attribute... as in...

<a rel="nolicense" href="...">...</a>

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.