[uf-discuss] rel="license" and citation

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Sat Nov 18 00:55:03 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 07:16 +0000, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> hReview can use rel="license" to show that the license, not the page
> itself, is available under a certain license.

You meant "... to show that the contents of the hReview itself is
licensed, not the page ..."

> Why not do the page for citations, so that I can cite, say, a Wordsworth
> poem, and indicate that the poem, but not my page, is public domain?

If you want to be symmetric with
http://microformats.org/wiki/hReview#Field_details rel="license" in a
citation would be saying that the contents of the citation is licensed,
not the cited work.

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 07:25 +0000, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> I'm starting to look at using rel="license". Am I right in thing that
> it
> can be used to indicate that a page is NOT available under a license,
> as
> well as for those that are? For instance:
>
>         This page is <a rel="license"
>         href="http://www.example.com/copyright>copyright Example Ltd.
>         2006</a> and may not be reproduced.

I'm not sure what the point of this would be as default copyright is ...
the default, but I also don't know why rel="license" couldn't be used to
refer to a restrictive license statement, including one that says no
rights are granted.

--
  http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer