[uf-discuss] Clarification on hListing

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 07:42:30 PST 2006

On 11/18/06, David Janes <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:
> I'm looking at the schema for hListing [1] and I have a question: is
> the item explicitly marked as class="item"? It's not clear from the
> markup.

Yes, it is abit confusing and contracitory.

In the schema it says "Optional", but then in the "Item Metadata" it
says: "This required field MUST have at a minimum..."

The edgio.com uses hListing but their mark-up doesn't give any hints.
http://www.edgeio.com/item/1807880-4266-Arsenal-St-Louis-MO-House-For-Rent-saint%20louis-missouri-usa-north%20america

Dealtagger is another site:
http://www.dealtagger.com/group/nikon_d50/

They do use the class="item", but also have an FN at the same level
(it should be nested), and they do not uses the REQUIRED description.

"listing action" is another one that confuses me, is that two words,
one word "listing-action" or just a tag with some of the recommended
values... it is required, but i don't see it in action on edgeio.com
or Dealtagger

I would bring-up these issues on the feedback page
(http://microformats.org/wiki/hlisting-feedback) or create an issues
page on the wiki (http://microformats.org/wiki/hlisting-issues)

-brian

--