[uf-discuss] hThing microformat ... or design pattern

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Sat Nov 18 09:17:41 PST 2006

I would suggest there's a serious issue with what you've produced so
far, insofar as you have seemed to come up with the microformat first
rather than doing analysis of what's currently in use on the web and
also what's currently being done in other microformats.

For example, hListing and hReview already imply a design pattern for
how items or products could be marked up [1]. If I understand what
you've put on the wiki, your intention is that these existing
microformats would have to be back-changed to conform to your proposed
microformat. Other attributes, such as "name", "uri", "image" ... seem
to have little relation to similar attributes already defined in other
microformats [2]. Without having an -examples and -formats page and
then -brainstorming based on that, it's difficult for me to understand
why you are proposing a new vocabulary.

Regards, etc...
David

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/item-formats#Existing_Microformats