[uf-discuss] PROPOSAL: keep it simple; make it extensible?

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Sat Nov 18 14:02:13 PST 2006

My primary goal is to document an existing behavior, that items are
referred to and used in microformats today. If you'll care to look at
the examples found so far and also the usage in existing microformats,
you'll see that this is clearly an _existing behaviour_, insofar as
hListing and hReview are used at all.

A nice benefit is providing a vocabulary for _new_ microformats to
refer to items in a consistent manner with _existing_ microformats.
You'll note that I started this discussion talking about that we may
just be looking at a design pattern, though as mentioned in my
previous letter I think this is something on par with "adr" and "geo",
that is, an extraction from something that is already happening.

Regards, etc...

--
David Janes
Founder, BlogMatrix