[uf-discuss] Ma.gnolia Blog: JSON, HTML, and Microformats. Oh, My!

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Sun Nov 19 19:06:22 PST 2006

On Nov 19, 2006, at 8:23 PM, Larry Halff wrote:

> Here's an example publish and subscribe page for all bookmarks on
> Ma.gnolia tagged "microformats":
>
> http://ma.gnolia.com/feeds/tags/microformats
>
> It points to these three microformatted feeds:
>
> xFolk: http://ma.gnolia.com/html/xfolk/tags/microformats
> hAtom: http://ma.gnolia.com/html/hatom/tags/microformats
> hReview: http://ma.gnolia.com/html/hreview/tags/microformats
> Combined: http://ma.gnolia.com/html/micro/tags/microformats
>
> Of course, we'd love to hear any feedback or suggestions folks
> might have.

In the head of the first link is this:

<link href="http://ma.gnolia.com/bookmark/feed?
type=micro&amp;amp;kind=tags&amp;amp;terms=microformats&amp;amp;style=ha
tom" rel="alternate" title="XHTML" type="application/xhtml+xml" />

This claims to be a link to XHTML, but it's actually a link to RSS,
and it appears to be identical to the "lite" RSS feed found here:

http://ma.gnolia.com/rss/lite/tags/microformats

Peace,
Scott