[uf-discuss] hCard search engine at Alexa

Kenji Matsuoka kenji at alexa.com
Mon Nov 20 09:36:02 PST 2006

I've written an hCard search engine as a sample app for the Alexa Web Search Platform (AWSP).  I looked at around 220,000,000 pages on some of the more frequently visited domains on the web, and found around 250,000 hCards.  You can try it out at http://www.alexa.com/site/devcorner/hcard.  The source code isn't up on the web site yet, but I think it will be soon.

This is intended more as an AWSP demo than as a full-fledged application.  Still, it's kind of fun to play with.

I had help from some of my co-workers at Alexa who are microformat enthusiasts, including Ben West.

Enjoy,

Kenji