[uf-discuss] Mailing list debate moved & new proposal

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Nov 27 15:04:17 PST 2006

In message
<6ca82b0f0611271439x375b8c6cycf98c57a6e702115 at mail.gmail.com>, Ben
Buchanan <microformats at 200ok.com.au> writes

>> >   Re: [uf-discuss] Mailing list debate moved & new proposal [plain
>> >text] [tagging] [e-mail]
>> If we want new people [1] to come and participate then that's a lot to
>> ask then to take on board, at the beginning.
>
>I'd expect that if someone was keen enough to be joining this list
>they could probably pick up the concept pretty quickly.

It's the people who are *not* keen enough to be joining this list who we
need to consider.

My original comment was:

        For example, several academic and professional taxonomists have
        told me in e-mail that they would be interested in the species
        proposal, (and one astronomer, likewise, for mars/ luna), but do
        not have the time to follow a general mailing list; indeed, a
        couple asked me specifically if I would set up a separate
        mailing list for the subject.

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>