[uf-discuss] geo - accuracy of coordinates

Chris Casciano chris at placenamehere.com
Mon Oct 2 16:05:05 PDT 2006

On Oct 2, 2006, at 6:54 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

> In message <5D331469-E4A2-47CC-9867-121FECCBDFBB at placenamehere.com>,
> Chris Casciano <chris at placenamehere.com> writes

>>> Fine, I'm confident that more than 80% of countries, counties,
>>> towns,
>>> cities, gardens, parks, nature reserves, and industrial estates are
>>> polygons, and fewer than 20% are circles.
>>

>> You could outline any territory as a series of geos if the need ever
>> arose.
>
> In other words, "the capacity to describe a polygon".

Totally ignored the point I was trying to make... and that is that
describing a border - of any shape - by the use of a collection of
geo coords (at whatever precision) is a totally different task then
defining an individual point and its precision.

--
[ Chris Casciano ]
[ chris at placenamehere.com ] [ http://placenamehere.com ]