[uf-discuss] hAlias vs hCard

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Tue Oct 3 09:04:10 PDT 2006

Jason Jobe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to the list and just learning about microformats. Cool stuff.
>
> My question / proposal is this.

Please read the process

http://microformats.org/wiki/process

> Is there and should there be something I will refer to as an alias
> (hAlias)?

No.

> The motivation to have and offer one's alias is to maintain a
> greater level of privacy. Suppose I want to give someone a way to
> contact me without divulging all my vital (more permanent and personal)
> attributes. Sort of a disposable email, or such...
>
> Basically, I want a way to introduce myself and provide some contact
> information without requiring a full disclosure.
>
> Schema-wise this is really just a handle, optional description, and URL.

The information you put in your hCard is up to you.  You can just write
an hCard with a nickname, url, a disposable e-mail address and whatever
description you like.  There is no reason to define a new format for that.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/