[uf-discuss] Re: Currency + Unit of measurement (Was: Currency+Product)

Colin Barrett timber at lava.net
Tue Oct 3 13:33:33 PDT 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 9:17 AM, Guillaume Lebleu wrote:

> Let me know what you think. I'll put this on the wiki later.

The presence of UNECE codes for various units is encouraging.  This
proposal is shaping up nicely. Could you think of other "client" uses
for just the measurement format? Already described in this thread were
some excellent uses for measurement + currency (e.g. searching job
listings).

Also, I'm curious to know your thoughts on how this would tie in to
the proposed historical uF. Would the entire currency+measure get
wrapped in a history? That doesn't seem entirely necessary: the size
of a barrel of oil doesn't change (right?). Only the $ currency
fluctuates.

Good work,
-Colin