[uf-discuss] Re: Currency + Unit of measurement (Was: Currency+Product)

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Tue Oct 3 15:47:06 PDT 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Guillaume Lebleu wrote:

> There are still 2 separate sections for measure and currency, and I
> intend to keep it this way. But it was useful to look at both right
> away to see how they could be used as modules.

I worry that thinking so much about a specific use of any microformat
(i.e. in conjunction with another) will blind us to other uses.  For
example, if I want to describe a barrel of oil outside the context of
currency, I would think the "oil" part would be pretty important, but
that's missing from the examples because the focus is on the
currency, not the oil.  I'd suggest we defer exploration of
combinations until after the individual microformats are further
explored on their own.

Peace,
Scott