[uf-discuss] GRDDL Primer and Microformats

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 05:13:09 PDT 2006

Karl has keenly spotted the use of Microformats in the GRDDL primer.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am part of the W3C working group that has been
trying to get GRDDL moved forward with the help of Microformats.

If anyone is interested you can continue reading.

The GRDDL working group has more information on their webpage[1]. From
that you can read the public archives of the mailing list[2] if you
wanted to read-up on what has already happened.

More importantly, we have just started a public mailing list for
comments for the use-cases[3] and the primer[4]. I encourage everyone
to read over both documents (or atleast the microformats sections).
The use-cases demonstrate some of the potentials with GRDDL and
Microformats, and the primer is a more step-by-step description of how
to implements some of these ideas. Any feedback is greatly welcomed.

I personally wrote a big chunk of the "Buying a Guitar Example"
primer, so if it doesn't make sense you can blame me :)

Thanks,
-brian

[1] - http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/
[2] - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/
[3] - http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-grddl-scenarios-20061002/
[4] - http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-primer/

On 10/4/06, Karl Dubost <karl at w3.org> wrote:
> In case you had not seen
>
> [[[
> Microformats are simple conventions for embedding semantic markup for
> a specific domain in human-readable documents. In our example one of
> Jane's friends has marked up their schedule using the hCalendar
> microformat. The hCalendar microformat uses HTML class attributes to
> associate event related semantics with elements in the markup:
> ]]] -- GRDDL Primer
>         http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-primer/
>         Tue, 03 Oct 2006 19:51:59 GMT
>

> --
> Karl Dubost - http://www.w3.org/People/karl/
> W3C Conformance Manager, QA Activity Lead
>    QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
>       *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***

brian suda
http://suda.co.uk