[uf-discuss] Microformats in Form Fields

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Oct 4 11:37:14 PDT 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Stephen Paul Weber wrote:

> One thing about this would be that all current parsers would have to
> be tweaked to ignore <form> as the root of a data-extraction parseing.

I don't think it's quite that simple.  What about cases where
microformats exist within <form>s, but not as part of <input>s?
Here's the first example I found of an hcard wrapped in a form:

<http://www.markthisdate.com/contactform.html>

What is the benefit of using the same root class name for forms
accepting a microformat as we use for the published microformat?  Why
not just use something like class="vcard-input"?  In addition to
avoiding such conflicts, that seems more descriptive.

Peace,
Scott