[uf-discuss] Using Technorati to export hCal to Outlook 2003

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Oct 4 13:02:09 PDT 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 2:50 PM, Jeremy Flint wrote:

> Ok, uploaded an updated page with the hCal information in it.
>
> There are definitely dtstart, dtstamp, and dtend fields in there now.
> Those don't appear to be coming into the output from feeds.technorati.
>
> Here is what Tails is seeing: http://flickr.com/photos/jflint/
> 260877197/
>
> It is being generated from this event:
> http://activeculture.info/eventsDetails.asp?ItemID=4668

I wonder if Technorati is having trouble parsing invalid HTML.
Specifically, you're wrapping a span (an inline element) around a
table (a block element), which is invalid.  See:

<http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#h-7.5.3>

"Generally, inline elements may contain only data and other inline
elements."

Try changing your <span class="vevent"> to <div class="vevent">, or
just put "vevent" into the table class itself, if there's not a good
reason to keep it separate.

Peace,
Scott