[uf-discuss] Potential Microformats

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Wed Oct 4 16:26:34 PDT 2006

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Someone asked me recently what other microformats might emerge, in the
> future. Which set me thinking....

This is a good list of use cases.  Some of these things are already
covered, at least in part, by existing formats.  Do any of these formats
have any limitations up these use cases?

>         A-Z index       (of a web site e.g.
>                         <http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/q>)
>
>         Site map

XOXO.

>         Opening hours   (of a shop. library, restaurant, etc.)
>
>         Timetable       (bus, train, airline etc.)
>
>         Change-log      (software)

hCalendar.

>         Bug report      (software)

Would need to do document existing bug systems.

* http://www.bugzilla.org/
   - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
   - http://www.w3.org/Bugs/
* http://bugs.php.net/

>         Meeting agenda
>
>         Meeting minutes

XOXO and hCalendar.

>         Clothing item   (size, fitting, colour, material, etc.; could
>                         then fit inside hListing)
>
>         Vehicle         (make, model, engine size, mods, etc.; could
>                         then fit  inside hListing)
>         Computer Spec   (type (e.g. PC, mac, processor, memory, graphics
>                         card, OS, installed software etc.; could then
>                         fit inside hListing)

rel-tag and hListing.

>         Weather forecast

Geo could be used for the location information.

>         To-do list

XOXO.

>         Restaurant menu

XOXO and hListing.

>         Song lyrics     (& poems?)

Many sites that I've seen use little more than separating the lines with

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/midnight+oil/beds+are+burning_20093267.html
http://www.sing365.com/music/Lyric.nsf/Beds-are-Burning-lyrics-Midnight-Oil/3877A3DC1A7ACABA482568BE00170857
http://www.lyricsdepot.com/midnight-oil/beds-are-burning.html
http://www.lyricsondemand.com/m/midnightoillyrics/bedsareburninglyrics.html