[uf-discuss] Examples in Wiki

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Oct 4 21:45:17 PDT 2006

Hi all:  I've been looking at the examples on the Wiki, especially hCard, hCalendar and
hResume.  Many of the examples in the Wiki give the original format (vCard, iCalendar), then
how the microformat should be coded, then "How this might look".  But not always: sometimes
the original format portion is missing; sometimes the "How this might look" is missing.
Sometimes the "How this might look" is actually marked up with microformats, which allows
those of us with microformat tools in our browsers to see the proper behaviour.  Most often
that's not the case, tho.

Are there any style guidelines for preparing examples?  If not, any suggestions from the list?

I propose that whereever possible an example should consist of all three portions, with the
"How this might look" portion properly marked up so that it triggers all the correct
behaviours in the browser.

--Bob.

Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com>