[uf-discuss] GRDDL Primer and Microformats

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 12:38:37 PDT 2006

On 05/10/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <327B6039-FF1F-408B-84D7-E3374AE43876 at w3.org>, Karl Dubost
> <karl at w3.org> writes
>
> >       http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-primer/
>
> If this:
>
>         GRDDL provides a relatively inexpensive set of mechanisms for
>         bootstrapping RDF content from uniform XML dialects in such a
>         way as to shift the burden of formulating RDF to transformation
>         algorithms written specifically for these dialects. XML
>         Transformation languages such as XSLT are quite versatile in
>         their ability to process, manipulate, and generate XML and the
>         use of XSLT to generate XHTML from single-purpose XML
>         vocabularies is historically celebrated as a powerful idiom for
>         separating structured content from presentation.
>
> is the introduction to the primer, then I think some work on re-writing
> in plain language is called for.

What wording do you suggest? (I'm serious - not sure how you'd make
that plainer without losing key points).

(probably better to send suggestions to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-comments/  even
though most if not all of the grddl-wg are subscribers to this list
:-)

Cheers,
Danny.
--