[uf-discuss] Idea: beginners/getting started list

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 03:05:24 PDT 2006

I agree.  I think this is a really, really good idea.

Another thing I'd like to see (and this may exist, but I've missed
it?) is a listing of formats that have been suggested and rejected for
whatever reason.  It's fairly (barely) managable at the moment since a
person can have a dig about in the mailing list for previous
discussions - but as we grow as a community it's going to become
difficult.  All we need is a page on the wiki listing what was
suggested, with a link to the relevant thread on the mailing list
perhaps.

On 10/6/06, Chris Ball <chris at rubal.co.uk> wrote:
> Drew McLellan said:
> > So that's the idea for discussion. It may be naive. My motivation is to
> > reach to the average designer and developer folk in a way that's
> > accessible to them.
>
> I think it's a great idea, personally. As someone who is rather new to
> microformats myself, I found the wiki could be a confusing place to get
> information at times. I think if uF had some sort of basic mailing list
> and maybe a couple of 'Microformats for dummies' style tutorials, then
> there could be a higher adoption of them amongst the younger/newer
> designers and developers.
>
> >From what limited experience I've had with projects, people who are new to
> the project often find it difficult to ask what could be silly questions,
> especially when people who might be seen as 'core members' are around.
>
> Of course, another up-side is that if they are getting help from uF
> directly then you can ensure that the practices, structure and semantics
> behind the different microformats are used as they should be.
>

> --
> chris [at] rubal [dot] co [dot] uk
> blueNine:
> #microformat,#lugradio,#web,#multipack on irc.freenode.net.

Frances Berriman
http://www.fberriman.com