[uf-discuss] Handling hCalendar event updates on clients

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Fri Oct 6 11:30:30 PDT 2006

On Oct 6, 2006, at 9:04 AM, David Arango wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday I was on Molly Holzschlag's workshop on Fundamentos Web [1],
> she talked a bit about hCalendar, and I remembered that I used the
> fantastic X2V [2] to subscribe my google calendar to Fundamentos Web's
> hCalendar [3]. I went to google calendar to see my event subscription
> and it was outdated. Then, I tried to update my subscription, but I
> had to delete previous versions of the events (it did not update my
> events at all).
>
> I think there is an important issue with hCalendar and unique ids
> (UID) very few people are using UIDs on hCalendar markup ¿shouldn't it
> become mandatory?

People don't commmonly publishing anything like a UID when they
publish data on the web.

There's been discussion before about requiring and/or synthesizing
UIDs, but there's hasn't been much come out of those discussions.

The closest thing to a UID that people publish is a HTTP URL
'uid' to that hyper link, it will all work.

-ryan