[uf-discuss] Handling hCalendar event updates on clients

Guillaume Lebleu gl at brixlogic.com
Fri Oct 6 15:22:07 PDT 2006

Ryan King wrote:
> I think it's good practice, not just for hCalendar, but for all web
> content to create permalinks which are independent of things like
> pagination. If you can do that, then pagination shouldn't be a problem.
Maybe I'm missing something, but instead of a new UID element with a
namespace-like value, couldn't we use the id attribute of the element of
class vevent?

The added advantage I see is that it is RESTful and I can refer to an
event as a URL, for instance:

http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-examples#someid

Guillaume