[uf-discuss] Potential accessibility spin-off from hCard

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sat Oct 7 12:41:02 PDT 2006

In message
<21e770780610071226y684020a4v4e291c62f7248cd6 at mail.gmail.com>, Brian
Suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> writes

>You are absolutely right. Adding additional semantics can help all
>sorts of non-standard browsers and agents.

Indeed - uFs aside, the issue seems to be the standardisation of class
names - it's easier for a user agent if everyone refers to telephone
numbers as, say, 'class="tel"', than if there's a mix of classes called
"tel"; "tele"; "phone"; "number"; "telephone" and so on - and that's
without non-English names.

Discussed here: <http://tinyurl.com/hbaxp>

--
Andy Mabbett