[uf-discuss] Four questions about hCard

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 14:52:55 PDT 2006

On 10/7/06, Costello, Roger L. <costello at mitre.org> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> 1. Can an organization have an hCard?

--- sure, the easiest way to achive this, is to use FN and ORG on the
same element

> 2. Is the property "n" (name) mandatory?

--- no, for companies this is just left blank. (or omitted in your case)

> 3. The property "n" is composed of these subproperties: family-name,
> given-name, additional-name, name-prefix, name-suffix.  Which of the
> subproperties are mandatory, which are optional?

--- for companies it is optional. For people, we ask that you fill-out
as much as possible, but if i had to say minimum, then a first name or
last name would be nice.

> 4. If "n" is mandatory, and the hCard is for an organization, what is
> the meaning of family-name, given-name, additional-name, name-prefix,
> name-suffix in that context?

--- it's not manditory, so you don't have to worry about any of this.

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk