[uf-discuss] licensing

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Mon Oct 9 16:40:19 PDT 2006

Creative Commons has been using and encouraging use of
http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-license for awhile.  As noted by Evan
on http://microformats.org/wiki/rellicense-issues "It's not clear how to
associate a license with part of a page, such as an image or embedded
object in the page".

I'm interested in addressing this issue and others of concern to CC,
namely attribution.  Tantek was kind enough to help me begin to think
about these things in the context of microformats.  Whiteboard notes
mostly legible at high resolution at
http://flickr.com/photos/tantek/262460832/

My guess is that many CC use cases will eventually fall under the still
in development http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info but given that
copyright is kind of squirrely I'm going to start setting out a
licensing rationale and examples separately at
http://microformats.org/wiki/licensing and
http://microformats.org/wiki/licensing-examples per Tantek's advice.

Just a heads up.  Feel free to collaborate with or rebuke me here on on
IRC ('mlinksva' as jibot painfully announces to anyone who does not yet
have a jibot mental filter).

--
  http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer