[uf-discuss] Idea: beginners/getting started list

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 10 17:45:53 PDT 2006

On 10/10/06 4:54 PM, "Ben Buchanan" <wzqtptl02 at sneakemail.com> wrote:

>> So that's the idea for discussion. It may be naive. My motivation is to
>> reach to the average designer and developer folk in a way that's
>> accessible to them.
>> Thoughts?
>
> A lot of the reasons you've raised might also apply to people who
> simply want to *implement* uf rather than get into the discussions
> about creating them in the first place. I wonder if one list could
> server that need as well as the newcomers? Just a thought.

What about creating a new list for *new* microformats, and keep
microformats-discuss for general discussion, helping newcomers and new
implementers alike?

Implementers that have actually published an implementation should add
themselves to the "implementations" wiki page and *then* subscribe to the
microformats-dev list.

Thanks,

Tantek