[uf-discuss] Idea: beginners/getting started list

Joe Andrieu joe at andrieu.net
Tue Oct 10 18:54:32 PDT 2006

Tantek Çelik wrote:
> > A lot of the reasons you've raised might also apply to people who
> > simply want to *implement* uf rather than get into the discussions
> > about creating them in the first place. I wonder if one list could
> > server that need as well as the newcomers? Just a thought.
>
> What about creating a new list for *new* microformats, and
> keep microformats-discuss for general discussion, helping
> newcomers and new implementers alike?
>
> Implementers that have actually published an implementation
> should add themselves to the "implementations" wiki page and
> *then* subscribe to the microformats-dev list.

Isn't microformats-dev for those writing code for parsers and such? I think
*implement* in the above is about using uF, rather than implementing code
that uses uF.

I believe there have been recommendations for basically two new lists:
microformats-use -- for (new) users of uF
microformats-create -- for (new) creators of new uF

These would potentially split off conversation from the three current lists
microformats-dev -- for coders, developers (already exists)
microformats-discuss -- general list (already exists)
microformats-REST -- for REST related discussions

Actually, I think the -use and -create lists could easily take over the
context for ongoing discussions... They don't necessarily have to be for
"newbies".  The effective/innovative use of existing uF seems to be a
discussion relatively separate from developing new ones.

-j

--
Joe Andrieu
joe at andrieu.net