[uf-discuss] uf-dev ( was "Idea: beginners/getting started list")

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Oct 11 10:51:32 PDT 2006

On Oct 10, 2006, at 6:47 PM, Chris Messina wrote:

> The -dev list has been pretty dead since June

Well, that's not the fault of the list, but the moderators (myself
included).

We've had a policy of only allowing people who have implementations
(parsers and such) to join the list. We haven't been good at
following up on people's requests to join the list. We currently have
more than 100 people in the queue and the queue isn't getting any
smaller. :(

Fixing this has been on my radar for awhile, but I'm still lacking
good ideas, I'm open to any suggestions on how to make the process of
signing up easier, yet keep the discussion focused on those with
actual experience.

-ryan