[uf-discuss] First version of Currency proposal

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 12:47:12 PDT 2006

>> The book costs $<span class="USD">5.99</span>

This gives me a chance to ask in a different way, why can we not assume
type=USD, amount=5.99, and symbol=$ from the following?

	The book costs <span class="currency" title="USD">$5.99</span>

I believe you answer will be "what about unicode where we are not using
[A-Za-z0-9] and if so, I would say that is when you add a symbol. In my
example, <symbol> is the non-[A-Za-z0-9] character(s) *if* no symbol is
explicitly specified. Can you give me an example where that would not work?

-Mike