[uf-discuss] Re: title attribute and abbreviated class names

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Sat Oct 14 20:28:52 PDT 2006

Scott Reynen wrote:
> What if I want my whitespace to be marked up with HTML entities? E.g.:
>
> The book costs <span class="money">$&nbsp;5.99</span>

Note that entity references and character references are expanded by the
HTML or XML parser, so that would result in a no-break space (U+00A0).
The result should be identical regardless of whether you used &nbsp;,
&#160;, &#xA0; or the real character.

> If it's not allowed, how will that be explained clearly enough that I
> won't make this mistake and wind up with my currency symbol wrongly
> interpreted as "$&nbsp;", which doesn't map to any known currency...

That shouldn't happen because character references and entity references
  before it gets to this stage.  So the regex in uF processor should see
it as \u00A0.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/