[uf-discuss] hCalendar spec- no specification included!

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 16 10:46:58 PDT 2006

On 10/16/06 10:38 AM, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> I've just been introducing a colleague to the concept of hCalendar; and
> referred her to:
>
>       http://microformats.org/wiki/hCalendar
>
> She was baffled; not lest because, though the page had a treatise on
> "Semantic XHTML Design Principles", it didn't list the hCalendar fields,
> let alone say which are mandatory and which are optional!
>
> I have started to rewrite the page, but welcome contributions.

Andy, it is actually a bit inappropriate to jump-in and rewrite a spec that
is that well established without at least discussing how to rewrite it
first, or emailing the editor at a minimum.

There has already been work towards making the specifications more
readable/approachable etc. and I've documented this task on the to-do page
here.

http://microformats.org/wiki/to-do#update_specification_section_organization

I'm going to revert the reorganizational changes you made to both hCard and
hCalendar for now, and would ask that you please refrain from doing so
single-handedly.

Please raise suggestions here on the list first and let's discuss them.  For
established specifications in particular (and perhaps any with an "editor"),
we really should respect that role until/unless it actually proves to be a
hindrance (which it hasn't so far).

Thanks much for your understanding,

Tantek