[uf-discuss] hCalendar spec- no specification included!

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 16 10:56:58 PDT 2006

On 10/16/06 10:49 AM, "Justin Thorp" <juth at loc.gov> wrote:

> I think the pages the way they are presented now are a bit hard to process and
> understand.

Justin, your feedback on this is greatly valued.  If you can be specific
about *which* pages, and what about them are hard to understand, that would
be very helpful.

> I remember for me it took some time to initally dig through the specification
> to find what I was actually looking for.  I just wanted to figure out how to
> write an hCard.

The way to write a hCard is documented in the hCard-authoring page:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-authoring

which is linked to right there at the top of the hCard specification:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard

"
Want to get started with writing an hCard? Use the hCard creator
(http://microformats.org/code/hcard/creator) to write up some contact
information and publish it, or follow the hCard authoring tips
(http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-authoring) to add hCard markup to your
current contact page.
"

To be clear, the purpose of a specification is not a tutorial - that's for
other documents.

Thanks,

Tantek