[uf-discuss] hCalendar spec- no specification included!

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Oct 16 12:30:30 PDT 2006

In message <C15920D4.7D927%tantek at cs.stanford.edu>, Tantek Çelik
<tantek at cs.stanford.edu> writes

>>> and would ask that you please refrain from doing so single-handedly.
>>
>> I haven't dome anything "single-handedly". You quote me asking for
>> contributions!
>
>And you have made excellent contributions.
>
>But asking for contributions on new subjects is very different than inviting
>mass edits of existing pages.

You quote me asking for contributions to making a specific, existing
page workable.

>Imagine what would happen if everyone attempted to do so (or even just a
>dozen people).  There would be a lot of thrash, and worse still, the pages
>that are stable and reliable would become less so to the readers of those
>pages.

I'm not really interested in discussing your unfounded assertions.

>>> Please raise suggestions here on the list first and let's discuss them.
>>> For established specifications in particular (and perhaps any with an
>>> "editor"), we really should respect that role
>>
>> And where is that role defined?
>
>It was right there at the top of the specification.

No, it is not.

>  If you are looking for
>a formal definition of "editor"

No, I'm looking for a definition of that role, in the sense you use, in
the context of this Wiki, and which mandates that my actions were. as
you claim, "inappropriate".

>>> until/unless it actually proves to be a hindrance (which it hasn't so
>>> far).
>>
>> It just has. HTH.
>
>Sorry about that.  Could you be more specific in what has been hindered?

Progress.

>>> Thanks much for your understanding,
>>
>> Once again, your tone is objectionable.
>
>Andy, as has been noted by others, discussions of tone in email are usually
>not very productive.

Nonetheless, yours is objectionable.

>  My only suggestion is that you try to assume that we
>are all trying to do the right thing and make positive progress and help
>each other out.

I prefer to work on evidence, rather than naive assumptions.

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

                Free Our Data:  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>