[uf-discuss] hCalendar spec- no specification included!

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Oct 16 13:31:17 PDT 2006

In message <C15930AB.7D941%tantek at cs.stanford.edu>, Tantek Çelik
<tantek at cs.stanford.edu> writes

>On 10/16/06 12:30 PM, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>> Imagine what would happen if everyone attempted to do so (or even just a
>>> dozen people).  There would be a lot of thrash, and worse still, the pages
>>> that are stable and reliable would become less so to the readers of those
>>> pages.
>>
>> I'm not really interested in discussing your unfounded assertions.
>
>Andy, the point is, that if everyone acted as you do, the wiki would be a
>mess with thrashing back and forth based upon everyone's different opinions
>of what makes usable/accessible content.

That's a baseless assertion and an insult.

>Please consider what would happen if everyone acted the way you do before
>you do such actions.

We'd have a far more readable, usable and welcoming Wiki.

>>> Andy, as has been noted by others, discussions of tone in email are usually
>>> not very productive.
>>
>> Nonetheless, yours is objectionable.
>
>Your perception and assertion of an objectionable tone is likely flawed and
>not true to the intended conveyed tone.  This is common in email, has been
>noted by others on this list, and therefore not worth asserting, especially
>repeatedly, as you have done so.

Your tone is objectionable. Frequently.

>I find that community interactions work better when
>everyone is assuming everyone else is also trying to do the right thing and
>make positive progress and help each other out

Yet you assert that "if everyone acted as [I] do, the wiki would be a
mess with thrashing back and forth based upon everyone's different
opinions of what makes usable/accessible content".

>If you have found otherwise, perhaps in other communities, then that's why I
>suggested you at least consider for this community.

I can't parse that; I don't believe it's meaningful English.

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

                Free Our Data:  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>