[uf-discuss] "Casual Web Services" and Well Designed Urls

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 06:25:52 PDT 2006

On 10/16/06, Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel at gmail.com> wrote:
> But the reason I bring them up here on Microformats discuss as I see clean
> URLs as being important for being able to easily screen scrape microformats
> in a reliable manner for retrieving data programmatically as opposed to them
> being just useful for someone to click a bookmarklet and gather some
> information for personal use.  Without clean understandable URLs,
> Microformats are far less useful, IMO.

--- sorry, i can't find a reference, but somewhere there was a big
discussion about ROBOTS.TXT, and FAVICON.ICO, while having a standard
name is helpful, it has also created a "reserved" word out of those
file names. I personally like the way RSS Autodiscovery works, you can
name the file (or files) anything you want and simply point to those.

I personally like clean well-structured URLs, but beware of the costs
of creating "reserved"/"manditory" structures.

That's just my two cents,
-brian

--
brian suda