[uf-discuss] Size considerations

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 09:31:25 PDT 2006

Given that mF are based on convention, I think it first depends on
what people are discovered to already be doing. In fact, long ago I
argued for renaming hcard to hperson or some other more widely
meaningful class but was shot down owing to the formats foundation in
vcard.

I wasn't necessarily wrong or right, but sticking to convention is an
easily platform on which to argue the use of one class/attr name over
another.

With regard to your question, I think you start with convention, keep
it micro and then work to make the format as descriptive of the data
as possible, in a way that is, ideally, reusable and 'stackable'.
Ultra-long names, while possibly more accurate may actually prove less
readable in html and perhaps should be avoided.

I am interested, of course, in other interpretations.

;)

Chris